Monday, September 30, 2019

Month of September


Hi, my name is Jason. I’m from Austin and have lived there for most of my life. It’s been a big change since NOLA has a more different culture and atmosphere than Austin, but I’ve enjoyed my first few weeks in the city and I’m looking forward to seeing what more the city has to offer. For my undergraduate degree, I attended the University of Texas at Dallas but I’m excited for this new year, moving into the master’s program in Pharmacology at Tulane. Coming from a Biochemistry background, I believed that the Pharmacology coursework and curriculum would be very similar to what I had learned in my undergraduate education, but there is still so much more to learn! I never would have thought that the two subjects could be so different yet so similar at the same time. So far, we’ve taken two exams, and although they were certainly challenging, they were manageable. In regards to the coursework, there have been so many interesting lectures, such as the lectures on stem cells, antibiotics, and antiviral drugs. In terms of volunteering, I’m looking forward to going to organizations such as the Goldring Culinary Center and Habitat for Humanity, and I am excited to see what I can do to contribute. Throughout high school and college, I spent numerous hours volunteering in various hospitals, retirement centers, etc., and I hope to be able to transfer this experience over to these new volunteering opportunities. Overall, I’m excited for the coming months in relation to learning more about Pharmacology as well as being able to explore more of this bustling city!

September Monthly hours: 0

Total Hours: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment