Saturday, November 30, 2019

Month of November


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone reading this! The semester has been going well so far but it was great to have a Thanksgiving break to recover from all the studying and go and see some of my family. In this past month, we’ve taken two tests covering the cardiovascular system and the renal/pulmonary system. Both tests were very challenging, and greatly tested the knowledge that I had accumulated up to this point. Overall, I feel more prepared for a career in medicine compared to the beginning of the year. Since being in the Pharmacology program, I feel like everything is starting to click and that I’ve been able to apply everything I’ve learned to real world situations.  Regarding volunteering, I was finally able to volunteer at Habitat for Humanity and broaden my experience in volunteering. I’m glad that I was able to help lighten the load of the other employees there. As much as I’ve enjoyed volunteering at Habitat for Humanity, I feel like I should find more places to volunteer in so that I can reach a better understanding of what I can do to help in the city. I have started looking into volunteering at locations such as the KIPP Academy. But all in all, I’m excited to finish this semester and to hit the ground running for the start of the next one.


November Monthly Hours: 8

Total Hours: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment